The Spatial Thinking & STEM Learning lab researches the connection between individual differences in spatial thinking and learning in STEM fields, and then uses those connections to develop assessments and interventions. Since spatial thinking is found in a wide variety of domains, the lab investigates:
- Efficacy of measures of spatial thinking
- Individual differences in perspective-taking
- Individual differences in sense-of-direction in navigation
- AR-powered math learning technologies
- Elementary students learning math
- College-level physics learning
While seemingly disparate areas, the lab seeks to connect these areas through theoretical perspectives, methods, and analytic techniques drawn from cognitive psychology, educational psychology, and cognitive neuroscience.